Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Circus Souvenir Program Ads '61

A sampling of colorful ads from a Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus souvenir program from their 91st season of entertainment in 1961. This program is so huge in overall size that the full-page singles, and double page spreads wouldn't even begin to fit on my scanner... I apologize for the somewhat less than stellar photos taken with my crummy camera  instead. (And please, no jokes about the cute pink elephant on the cover giving the kid a BJ.)







3 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Wow the Chase & Sanborn Coffee lion is really cool. Circus programs! I wonder what kickass thing I haven't thought of in thirty years will surface in your collection of neat stuff next?

Mykal Banta said...

That Colgate ad is like looking at a perfectly arranged tray of shiny, hard candy. Graphic design at its finest!

Mr. Karswell said...

>I wonder what kickass thing I haven't thought of in thirty years will surface in your collection of neat stuff next?

Haha, just you wait and see!

>Graphic design at its finest!

I agree... my personal favorite here is the Jell-O ad with the indian puppets. I LOVE puppets! Speaking of, has anyone seen this amazing bit of forgotten puppetry? http://belatednerd.com/sid-marty-kroffts-world-of-topless-puppets/