Sunday, September 29, 2013

Hee Haw Coloring Book ('70)

Based on the amazingly entertaining CBS television show that aired from 1969 to 1971 (click HERE for more on it if you don't already know), this nicely illustrated Hee Haw coloring book featuring the art of Tony Tallarico is full of cornball jokes, dancin' animals, country music's finest, and (thankfully) the curvaceous ladies that equally graced the small screen version! So sing along with Roy, Buck, and Grandpa Jones as you color inside them durn lines making Dianna Scott 'n Jeannine Riley look extra purdy for their backwoods butter churnin' chores a'fore the big birthday ho-down finale!























8 comments:

Crafty C said...

yuk yuk and hul hul hul!!!

man this is cute! i'm sooooo gonna color one of these! i love the second page with the red lines and dots! that's a great idea!

Brian Barnes said...

Roy Clark doesn't usually land in lists of great guitarist, and it's really a shame. It's not for everybody, and it's an acquired taste, but the man was an incredible talent.

I think Hee Haw made him more famous but also kind of put his incredible skills in the background for CBS "rural" comedy spree (Petticoat Junction, Beverly Hillbillies, and the great and very surreal Green Acres.) The guy was fast and pretty precise.

I highly recommend "The Lightning Fingers of Roy Clark."

Mr. Karswell said...

That's a great idea! Anyone colors a page and emails it to me, I'll add it to the post!

Mr. Karswell said...

Roy and Buck are both great talents... saw them live when I was a kid in the Ozarks!

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, I think Roy finds himself on all sorts of best ever lists. I really like his Spanish influenced stuff. As for coloring, aargh, but all my stuff (printer, Photoshop, paint, etc.) is still in the mail between houses. I know which one I want to color, though--you'll just have to wait until November for it.

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Is it sad to say I used to watch this as a kid? Anyway, I had no idea they had a coloring book. Nice find.

Mr. Karswell said...

Not at all, I still watch it online a an adult-- awesome show

Mr. Karswell said...

Looking forward to it, Mr C!